Fasteners for Chemical Processing
Nickel Systems’ Hastelloy, Inconel and Monel fasteners are demanded by chemical engineers and corrosion experts worldwide for our superior service. Industry giants Afton Chemical, DOW, Monsanto and Westlake Chemical seek out and depend on Nickel Systems’ expertise to meet their critical and timely requirements.
Some areas where Nickel Systems’ hardware is being used:
- Aluminum Hydroxide Al(OH)3 used in gas purification, water purification and making polyethylene.
- Chlorine (Cl) used to manufacture polyvinyl chlorides and other chemicals to make plastics. Used as a disinfectant, chlorine and chlorine compounds are used for cleaning and sanitary uses in swimming pools.
- Ethylene (C2H4) common chemical widely used in the chemical industry and its worldwide production exceeds that of any other organic compound.
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) used as a chemical reagent in large-scale production of vinyl chloride for PVC plastics and polyurethane. It is used in pickling lines at steel mills, household cleaning products and gelatins.
- Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) precursor to most fluorine compounds including pharmaceuticals such as fluoxetine, PTFE and elemental fluorine. It is colorless, highly corrosive and capable of dissolving many materials.
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) or Caustic Soda, is used in many industries as a building block chemical in manufacturing pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps, detergents and other cleaners.
- Sodium Hypochlorite (NaClO) dissolved in water is commonly known as bleach or liquid bleach. It is frequently used as a disinfectant in water works industry and wastewater industry.
- Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4) is a very important industrial chemical used to make fertilizers and battery acid for motor vehicles. It also helps to make other chemicals such as hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, sulfate salts, synthetic detergents, dyes and pigments, explosives and drugs.