Hastelloy fasteners, Inconel fasteners, Monel fasteners and other high nickel alloy and specialty stainless hardware items are most often used in the chemical industry for their superior resistance to corrosion, erosion and heat.
Nickel Systems’ fasteners can be found throughout the world, used at chemical plants including the industry giants such as DOW, Dupont, Monsanto, Occidental, PPG and others. We work with Dupont and DOW approved manufacturers on a day-to-day basis to provide high quality parts.
Some “corrosive” chemical applications where high nickel alloy fasteners are used:
- Aluminium Hydroxide Al(OH)3 is used in gas purification and water purification, and as a catalyst during the manufacturing of polyethylene.
- Chlorine (Cl) is used to manufacture many consumer products such as polyvinyl chlorides and other chemicals used to make plastics. As a common disinfectant, chlorine and chlorine-generating compounds are used for cleaning and sanitary uses in swimming pools.
- Ethylene (C2H4) is a very common chemical that is widely used in the chemical industry, and its worldwide production exceeds that of any other organic compound. Ethylene is also an important natural plant hormone used in agriculture for ripening of fruits.
- HydroChloric Acid (HCI) is used as a chemical reagent in large-scale production of vinyl chloride for PVC plastics and polyurethane. It is also used in pickling lines at steel mills, as well as for household cleaning products, production of gelatins and other food additives.
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) or Caustic Soda, is used in many industries as a building block chemical in manufacturing pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps, detergents and other cleaners.
- Sodium HypoChloride (NaClO) dissolved in water is commonly known as bleach or liquid bleach. It is frequently used as a disinfectant in water works industry and wastewater industry.
- Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4) is a very important industrial chemical used to make fertilizers and battery acid for motor vehicles. It also helps to make other chemicals such as hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, sulfate salts, synthetic detergents, dyes and pigments, explosives and drugs.